Intellectual Property Protection and Technology Licensing
Intellectual Property Protection & Technology Licensing
At the heart of most technology and fast growing companies is the ownership of intellectual property. We devote extensive time to helping our clients identify, capture, acquire, protect, enhance and exploit intellectual property assets, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets as well as domain names and licenses. Technology and fast growing companies also need to obtain licenses to the technology of others, either for operational purposes, as part of a cross-licensing arrangement, to re-license or sublicense, or to incorporate the licensed work in their own products. We can handle complex licensing agreements involving patents, trademarks and copyrights, joint venture agreements involving technology licenses or transfers, license agreements with universities and government agencies, and license arrangements involving new and evolving forms of digital content.
Our services include:
- Selection and protection of trademarks, including registration at the state, federal and international levels.
- Registration of copyrights.
- Acquisitions, transfers, and licenses involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, domain names.
- Protection of trade secrets through non-disclosure agreements (NDA’s).
- Intellectual property audits.
- Domain name disputes.
- Software development agreements, licensing agreements, consulting agreements, assignments of intellectual property, and work-for-hire agreements.