Use of Technology
Since our founding in 2002, 360 Venture Law has understood that technology can increase efficiency in the delivery of legal services. We are technology lawyers as well as power users. Unfortunately, traditional firms have been slow to adopt many of the tools that we have used for years, including:
- Digital Document Management: Advanced scanning, digital imaging and archiving capability. Regular use of Adobe Acrobat™ PDF file format to standardize formatting, version control, and to secure view and edit permissions.
- Extranet for secure client document access: 360VL clients can be granted access to a special password protected cloud folder called “360NetBinders.” With 360NetBinders clients can download copies of current documents such as board minutes, NDA’s, transaction closing binders, form sales agreements, even legal how to’s and FAQ’s. All this is done pursuant to permission levels, password requirements and encryption security.
- Paperless Fax: Long ago we did away with the centralized fax machine on the 25th floor. All faxes incoming to 360VL are routed to our lawyers and delivered to their email inbox in PDF format ready to be saved by client and matter and forwardable to all appropriate parties. All outgoing faxes are sent by right-click from each lawyer’s desktop.
- Electronic Signatures. We have long ago embraced the use of e-signatueres.
- Document Management and Storage: Our document management application redundantly stores our documents on each lawyer’s local hard drive, our network server, and in a bank-certified, backup data center. This allows our attorneys to work anywhere in the world where there is an internet connection and have instantaneous access to their clients’ files and the vast library of firm work product and research resources.
- Legal Reference: We have access to legal research libraries including on-line services and proprietary ebooks available to all 360VL lawyers at the click of a mouse.
- Infrastructure: All of our lawyers have state-of-the-art laptops, ipads, home, office and mobile broadband internet connections, standard and specialized software applications and smart phones of various flavors. Our customized 360VL intranet grants each lawyer one click access to our document management system, billing, communication (email, voice mail, fax), conference call/webinar, e-sign, and even Fedex systems, from any connected browser.
- Virtual Closing Binder: How many law firms or other professional service firms can do this? When we close a transaction, we set up an extranet site where the client can securely access signed closing documents. We use high resolution scanners and Adobe Acrobat Professional to create virtual closing binders complete with copies of all the signed originals in a single bookmarked and annotated personal document format (PDF) file. Everyone involved is given the option of receiving the closing binder by accessing the 360NetBinder online, having the PDF file emailed to them or receiving a snail mail delivery of the traditional telephone book-sized paper closing binder.
At 360 Venture Law, our technology, like yours, is state-of-the-art, dependable, secure and efficient. We are Law Firm 3.0.